Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday Jukebox - No.1

I had the idea of the Sunday Jukebox which takes a look at the music that inspires so many people in so many games but I have decided to evolve it a little bit. Sunday Jukebox will take a look at music and also include some great opening sequences. I did think about showing closing sequences but this would be a spoiler for people who want to complete/play games. So welcome to Sunday Jukebox No.1 and I have three tracks to share with you.
The first track on the jukebox is the opening theme music to the Amiga game Magic Pockets. Although the music wasn't an original score it still went down it my books as I good opening to an average video game. The theme music was an adaptation of Betty Boo's "Doin' The Do" which was a cult hit back in the day. Enjoy the track especially the drum beat solo at the end.
The second track is an intro to a game which once held the title of being the biggest selling French title ever. Flashback was mistakenly known as the sequel to Another World which it exactly wasn't. The lead character, Conrad, has discovered a plot to destroy earth by aliens disguising themselves as government officials. In this opening clip Conrad is trying to escape with what he knows.
The last track on the Sunday Jukebox is one of my personal favourites from a game that I constantly played throughout my childhood. This great tune was constantly in the background as you progressed from level to level whilst controlling one of the two colourful bubble blowing dragons. Bubble Bobble tune was so simple but not one of these annoying in game tunes that you wanted to mute as soon as you heard it.


No comments:

Post a Comment